Monday, May 5, 2014

The truth in Bangalore: Part 3

7:43 PM By Unknown

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

Link to Part 1: http://words-of-the-fallen-angel.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-truth-in-bangalore-part-1.html

Link to Part 2: http://words-of-the-fallen-angel.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-truth-in-bangalore-part-1.html

**Part 3** (Last Part)

I was shocked as the unexpected had just happen yet I was not sure about why or what next. Eyes still full of fear and anger, I was still starting at the boss. His eyes still fixed on me, the boss slowly went back a step or two and removed the cloth from my mouth. I wanted to scream but my mouth was too dry and numb due to the cloth which was stuffed in my mouth probably for many hours. I was however a little relieved to see the boss moving away from me. Still wondering what he wanted next, I kept staring at him.

I was wondering if he suddenly thought of making me smuggle drugs or arms for him. By now, I was tired from all the struggle and had realized that my efforts to get free from the ropes were futile. I knew I had to think of something better if I wanted to escape my fate. So I thought I will agree to whatever 'favor' the boss asks for so that I can atleast be released from the grip of the ropes. Once free. I decided to go for my purse thrown at a distance, use the pepper spray on them and then somehow escape from there.

While I was mentally taking notes of my escape plan, the boss then suddenly pointed at the locket around my neck and asked "Where did u get that?". I was suddenly hoping that he would let me go instead of that piece of jewelry. Although very dear to me, I would still give up the locket to save myself. "It has been around my neck since my parents found me near a temple" I said with some effort. 

"Which temple?". 
"Outside the Nandi bull temple"

Suddenly the boss fell on his knees and said "It's me". Still staring at him in disbelief, I kept wondering if what I just heard was right. Meanwhile the goons released me from the rope I was tied in. With some effort, I got up from the chair, wrapped myself in the sheets nearby and walked away never looking back.

I had always wondered about who my real parents were but never realized I might have to pay such a big price for the truth.


********** The End *********
Photo Courtesy: Google

2 comments:

  1. wnderful twist & nice ending....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Truth in Bangalore Part-3 is a gripping and thought-provoking instalment.
    Cybercrime Guard Business Your storytelling prowess keeps readers engaged, and the intricate plot developments add layers of truthiness.

    ReplyDelete