Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My 5th Anniversary Date

5:43 PM By Unknown

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

I woke up today feeling a little better. Today was special. This day 5 years ago we took our vows and promised to be together till death do us apart. Although I had seen him a few days back but I decided to dress up for the occasion. After all, he always said that seeing me in the light blue satin low-cut gown always made him weak at his knees. And that was the dress which I was wearing when he proposed to me.

I quickly got dressed, dabbed some powder on my face and was ready to go. I quickly put a copy of "The Memoirs of Cleopatra: A Novel" in my purse. After all he was never the romantic type but he always loved it when I read out to him from a novel of my choice so I thought I will finally read him out the last 2 chapters of this huge novel which is left unfinished for a long time. I made sure I had everything I needed and started on my way to meet him.

After a cab ride of around 30 minutes and a few minutes walk, I finally arrived at my destination. On the way to meet him, I also got him a bunch of white and red roses, his all-time favorite. I opened the small white gate and stepped in. He was never the chivalrous kind who would pull out the chair for me or hold the door for me but irrespective of where we go, he would always save me a seat when I was late. Today when I stepped in, I could feel him standing across me and looking at me with the same charm and admiration that he had when we first met. 


I slowly walked in and took a seat beside him. I told him all about what had happened in the past few days. I played our song at a very low volume on my mobile and took out the novel. I read out to him for around 45 minutes, occasionally taking my eyes off the book to look at him. After we finally finished the journey through this book together, I talked to him a bit more, placed the bunch of flowers and a small note on his grave and left for the day with a promise to visit him soon.


"At times it feels like yesterday that we met and yet it feels like ages since u were gone. How much I wish that I had some more time to tell how much I love u. And yet I know that telling that I loved u wouldn't have sufficed for these three words could never capture the essence of what I feel for u. It would have been so much easier if these three words were all I needed to say but then how could I ever express the rest of what I felt. After all, how do I tell my mind or my eyes what it means to me. Or how do I imagine my life without my eyes or without my mind. That is what I've always felt for you. You were not just a part of me but u were me and I was u."
                                                                (¯`♥´¯)..♥                                                               
                                                                .`•.¸.•´(¯`♥´¯)..♥
                                                                               .`•.¸.•´(¯`♥´¯)..♥
                                                                                                `•.¸.•´(¯`♥´¯)..♥
                                                                                                              .`•.¸.•´……♥ ♥

Picture courtesy: Google

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely well written.... esp. the last lines r so beautiful & heart-touching...so soft :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...didn't know u r so gud..;-)
    Especially d last paragraph... hats off for dat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nivi!!! An absolutely fantastic piece of really short story! And yes, the last para is most capturing. Hats off! I loved it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u for such nice words. I am touched !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very well written ...and waiting for still more short stories from you ;) :)

    ReplyDelete