Monday, July 30, 2012

Welcoming freshers in IISc...

11:04 PM By Unknown 4 comments




A very true statement... Time flies by fast... I still can't believe its already an year since I came here... since I became a part of IISc, Bangalore. Seems as if just a few days back, I had come to Bangalore with three bags and an offer letter... a bit scared on how I am gonna survive here (had already heard that everyone here is very studious)...


Still unable to believe that I had already made it to IISc, I was almost reaching Yeswantpur station with random thoughts crossing my mind like “oh! This place is not at all meant for me”, “what if they kick me out after seeing my performance” and all when I received a call from IISc Student's Council volunteer saying that they were waiting for us at the station. I was happy and finally prepared myself to try and survive there for as long as possible (and I am almost half way through).

Hardly a journey of 5-7 minutes and I was already in the campus, green all around with buildings there... seemed as if the buildings have been constructed in midst of a jungle(was good to see so much of greenery after being in city for long). And then we started with fulfilling formalities of hostel and mess allocation, buying sim card,mattress, pillows etc. Admission procedure, bank account opening etc. was at the main building next day. Also, as I had come alone(yeah, I don't need my mom dad to keep accompanying me everywhere... I'm not a kid anymore :D ), I had to setup the whole room by myself... :/ :(

What a happening, exciting & tiring day it was...

Suddenly the alarm rings and I notice ... Whoa... Its 27th July 2012, exactly an year from the day when I officially became an IIScian... Feels as if yesterday I was a fresher and today I am on the other side welcoming the new students... Arrangements have been made for buses to keep shuttling between college and railway station with students, their parents and a few volunteers starting from around 6:30 am till around 9:00 pm.

With volunteer badges, Student's council T-shirts(free for volunteers... yippee!!), IISc placards, IISc banner and a help desk just near the exit gate, we have made sure that spotting us was not at all difficult even when the station was crowded. Seems that due to the large number of students expected(500+), we actually might have to make multiple trips for students coming in a single train.

Though I could not take many snaps(see, I am so busy working here) but managed to get a few nice ones when waiting for the students to arrive(kudos to Indian railways, most train were late). Anyways, I can listen to the train arrival being announced so better I get ready with the placards...


Thought of the day : “In IISc for a few years... but an IIScian for lifetime

4 comments:

  1. Though I couldnt reach big places like IISC ...but i also felt the same thing when i completed my engineering....it was something just a sudden end which started yesterday....never got time to understand that I already had crossed four years in the same place..........days go but memories stay......:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... very true... 4 yrs of BE passed so quickly... nd tis only 2 yrs here... :/

      Delete
  2. Please tell me the syllabus for iisc aptitude test for mtech/msc....

    ReplyDelete