Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Obsession with Pink

4:24 PM By Unknown 2 comments





Yes! Though pink might not always be our favorite color(mine is lavender) but we girls do love pink. May be one of the reason is the way we are brought up. Each time I hear of any of my near or dear ones having a baby girl, the parents will get a whole lot of stuffs in pink, starting from curtains, cushions, bedsheets to dolls, toys and clothes. Not only this, even the walls of the room will be covered in pink. To add to this, everyone going to visit them will again carry some pink shaded gifts for the baby.

When not given a choice, the girl grows up surrounded with everything in pink and starts loving that color. So its not only the girl who is to be blamed for her obsession with pink. A few days back when in a shop, I saw a small girl, may be 4-5 years old with everything in pink starting from her bag, her handkerchiefs pinned to her uniform, her water bottle, clips... everything. Thankfully her dress wasn't pink because she was in her school uniform.


I still remember to have seen the fictional movie Legally Blonde in which the character of a blonde, Elle Woods, played by Reese Witherspoon loves everything pink.Needn't say the way her room looked made me sick for a while. I never say to ditch the pink color, I myself like that color but there is a far more difference between liking and obsession. I too have a dress or two in pink, may be a nailpolish in pink and my love for pink ends there. Its always great to experiment with colors, when given a wide range of choices why be stuck with one.

The color pink has been associated with girls so much that guys in pink do look a bit weird(no offense meant). I know a color should not be such a big deal and guys too like to experiment with colors... but seriously... pink...???!!!

I thought of this entry when suddenly I came across this link http://pinterest.com/suzyames/the-obsession-with-pink/

Starting frompink purse, diamond ring, and sewing machines the pink color ranged to pink boots, shoes,clotthes, gloves and last but not the least... pink hairs. Seems the celebrities are picking pink color for their hairs instead of the usual purple or blue as pink is beleived to keep their “innocence”.

Whatever it is, one thing I have realized, if you want to get across with guys on pink, the only case when guys would go for pink is the music of “Pink Floyd”

Note : All the pics used here are from google.

2 comments:

  1. Nice Observation....but I don't think its always true....though in 90% case i feel that you are right..but always exceptions are available....anyhow..one more point to add...(don't kill me please)....you too try to avoid pink to make a distinction and when the would be kid will come try not to go ahead with pink too...but again "Pinky" name is a common name for girls...what to do????.....:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... don't u think 90% is actually a very big fraction ... exceptions are always there... agreed(I am one of them)... And I dont avoid pink to be distinct but I am not obsessed with the color coz I was never showered with pink things as a kid... :)

      And no offense meant... its just my opinion :)

      Delete